From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject [POLL:RESULTS] User poll on Java version requirements
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:30:32 GMT
Dear Apache XML Graphics Batik/FOP/Commons users,

the user poll is now closed and the results are available on the
following Wiki page:

http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/UserPollOct2007

Thanks a lot to all who took the time to fill out the survey. Based on
the results we can say that it's safe to drop support for Java 1.3 on
future versions. If we're going to skip directly to Java 1.5 needs some
more discussion among the project team. The results here are not as
clear. The discussion and decision making will happen on
general@xmlgraphics.apache.org if anyone (non-committers welcome, too!)
is interested.

Thanks,
Jeremias Maerki