From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] Preparing a user poll for JDK 1.3 compatibility
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 06:31:29 GMT
I have at least two clients who are still stuck with Java 1.4 for the
time being. That's their development platform. One of them, for example,
is using WebSphere 6.x which is still running on Java 1.4. They have
developed their own core applications (and that's a lot of code) based
on WebSphere and it's not as easy for them to switch that platform. Of
course, they want to migrate to 1.5 (they don't even dare thinking about
Java 6), but that's a process that has to be done very carefully. They
are even considering using tools like Retroweaver to develop with 1.5
but run on 1.4.

We can speculate all we want, but in the end the user poll should give
us some better data what FOP users really need.

Jeremias Maerki