From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] Preparing a user poll for JDK 1.3 compatibility
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 00:35:30 GMT
Hi Jeremias.

Jeremias Maerki:
> Any other questions you want answered? Any objection to taking Batik and
> Commons into the same questionaire and make the "Java 1.4 question" a
> project vote rather than a subproject vote?

No, that’s fine.  Moving everything at once seems to be sensible, given
the interdependencies between the subprojects.

I would like the survey to find out whether jumping to Java 5 would be
acceptable.  The Java 1.4 will reach its EOL when Java 7 comes out,
which according to this page is (northern hemisphere) summer 2008:

  http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/

So that’s only 9 months away.

Could you also note in the survey that this versioning issue will apply
to a post-1.7 release of Batik.

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/