From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Use of JAI classes in Batik and Commons
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 10:03:42 GMT
There should indeed by no problem. I've looked into the whole thing once
and was satisfied with what I found. And I agree with Thomas that it
would be problematic to incorporate subsequent updates from JAI. As far
as I can remember the licensing of JAI was changed at some point.

Can I point you to Sanselan [1] as an alternative (middle-term)? This is
a newly started effort to bring a completely ASF-licensed image library
into the ASF. It could also be interesting to put more emphasis on
ImageIO now that Java 1.3 loses importance.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/sanselan.html

Jeremias Maerki