From Vincent Hennebert <vincent.henneb...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Moving JEuclid into Apache XMLGraphics as incubator
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:33:56 GMT
Hi Max,

That would definitely be a yes from me. XSL-FO + MathML + SVG are the
building blocks leading to a high-quality publishing application, which
is my initial motivation for getting involved in the XML Graphics
project. Having JEuclid integrated as a subproject would be a good step
towards coherence and code share.

That said, incubating a project is a lot of work and we should do that
only if we are sure to be successful. Jeremias will probably be able to
give insight on this matter. And anyway it’s best to wait for his return
before launching a formal vote.

I won’t have any time to look into that before mid-October (and I will
have very few time to work on FOP in general anyway), but then I would
probably volunteer to be a mentor for the incubation. Plenty of things
to learn in perspective ;-) And if we can share work on this that would
lead to a limited workload for everyone.

Cheers,
Vincent