From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Use of JAI classes in Batik and Commons
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:44:50 GMT
Batik and XML Graphics Commons include a number of classes from the Java
Advanced Imaging library[1].  There have been some code changes (which
might just be because the files I did a diff against were from JAI CVS,
and the ones in the repo could be from an earlier version), the classes
have been moved into an org.apache… package, and the Sun licence header
has been replaced with the ASL header.

The JAI classes are licensed under the Java Research License[2] for
“research” use and the Java Distribution License[3] for commercial use.
I doubt this use of these classes is permitted by these licences.

Attached is a list of files from Batik’s repo that are taken from JAI.

What should be done about this?

Thanks,

Cameron

[1] https://jai-core.dev.java.net/