From Christian Geisert <christian.geis...@isu-gmbh.de>
Subject Re: bug / patch for org.apache.xmlgraphics.ps.PSGenerator
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:41:41 GMT
Manuel Polling schrieb:
> Hi,
> I tried to find out how to submit a bug / patch for XML Graphics commons
> without checking out and commiting the source myself but I could not
> figure out how.

Uh, this information is really missing on the website.
The procedure is basicly the same as with FOP
(http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/dev/index.html#patches), just the
bugzilla product is XMLGraphicsCommons.
Thanks for telling us.

> So here is a contribution by email. While using the PSGenerator
> (org.apache.xmlgraphics.ps.PSGenerator) I found that the current
> implementation of PSGenerator.escapeChar() is not working properly. Some
> of the issues: the escaped chars are still Java chars instead of bytes,
> when writing a char as an octal code it should have 3 digits, chars
> below 32 are not escaped.
> Below you find another method which does about the same task, it is not
> a drop-in replacement but it solves most problems. There is a call in
> this method to EPSGraphics2D.encode(), this one is intended to provide
> translations for Unicode code points above 255 if they are supported by
> the encoding vector of the font.
> I hope this will help to improve the XML Graphics commons.

I'll have a closer look at this in the next days (if no one else beats me).