From Vincent Hennebert <vincent.henneb...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: JAXP missing on JDK1.3 ant build
Date Sat, 26 May 2007 08:53:20 GMT
Jeremias Maerki a écrit :
> I guess I never noticed that because I just install JAXP in Ant's lib
> folder. The dependency is documented in lib/README.txt so those very few
> who are going to compile Commons themselves on 1.3 will really not mind
> so much, I think. But bundling JAXP would mean increasing the
> distribution size a lot. And since we're likely moving away from 1.3 in
> the near future, I don't think it's worth the trouble. But that's just
> my opinion.

Speaking of that, BTW, why couldn't the "near future" actually be just
now? I remember we spoke of that on fop-dev a few months ago, and
basically agreed upon dropping 1.3 support after the 0.93 release, and
after having made a poll on fop-user. I think it's time to do it. Any
negative opinion?

Regarding Commons this is slighty more complicated, as this will also
depend on Batik's decision. Currently Batik doesn't depend on Commons,
but IIRC the plan is to start the transition after the 1.7 release,
right? So, what are your plans regarding Java 1.3 support?

Vincent