From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: JAXP missing on JDK1.3 ant build
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 06:21:53 GMT
I guess I never noticed that because I just install JAXP in Ant's lib
folder. The dependency is documented in lib/README.txt so those very few
who are going to compile Commons themselves on 1.3 will really not mind
so much, I think. But bundling JAXP would mean increasing the
distribution size a lot. And since we're likely moving away from 1.3 in
the near future, I don't think it's worth the trouble. But that's just
my opinion.

On 24.05.2007 16:56:31 Adrian Cumiskey wrote:
> I'm guessing this won't affect many users out there, but I have
> discovered that if you try to build xmlgraphics-commons using JDK1.3
> there is a dependency on the JAXP classes that you get for free in
> J2SE1.4.  These JAXP classes are provided by the xml-apis-1.3.02.jar
> bundle that you can easily find in fop/lib directory.
>
> So long as the project aims to be JDK1.3 backwards compatible it might
> be worth making this jar available to the commons/lib folder so ant will
> automatically pick it up when compiling.
>
> Adrian

Jeremias Maerki