From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New component: DSC parser/processor
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 21:06:57 GMT
Yeah, some people are complaining about the XML in the name of Commons.
But then it just happens that the XML Graphics project has "XML" in it's
name (and rightfully so IMO) and if you create a "Commons" like so many
other Apache projects do, that's what happens. At least, there's one
component in Commons that uses XML: the XML stuff. :-)

Maybe we do need to talk about creating a different project for the
graphics stuff or we need to rename Commons. Not something I'd be happy
about ATM, because it involves a lot of not really productive work. Not
enough energy to spearhead something like that on my side. But if anyone
else has it....

On 05.02.2007 21:12:07 J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > I've just finished the initial version of a DSC parser which I'd like to
> > put into XML Graphics Commons.
>
> Well, it seems to be much more related to "graphics" than to
> "xml", but it seems to be useful, so +1 to give the code a
> proper home.
>
> J.Pietschmann

Jeremias Maerki