From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New component: DSC parser/processor
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 21:01:37 GMT
I haven't found one. If you ask a search engine most of the hits will
land in the GhostScript area....or here. :-) But that may be because I'm
searching with the wrong keywords or there is really no such thing out
there. The only things you may find are some utilities which do
n-up/Imposition. Not exactly what I was looking for.

I've written a DSC parser before, about five years ago when I was still
working for Outline. We used it for various things, mostly patching PS
files for OMR marks, font embedding etc. That stuff was incredibly
useful.

I could have implemented the functionality for FOP without writing a
full DSC parser. But the whole resource handling stuff is much easier if
you have the proper framework and you can easily perform a lot of other
tasks with only a little coding.

On 04.02.2007 19:21:42 Simon Pepping wrote:
<snip/>
> You do not explain why you wrote your own DSC parser. Is there not a
> suitable existing DSC parser?
<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki