From Simon Pepping <spepp...@leverkruid.eu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New component: DSC parser/processor
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2007 18:21:42 GMT
On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 07:18:21PM +0100, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I've just finished the initial version of a DSC parser which I'd like to
> put into XML Graphics Commons. What the heck is a DSC parser? :-) Here's
> the text of the (somewhat minimal) documentation I wrote for the thing:
>
> I hope that explains what I've built. I'd like to ask if anyone has any
> reservations about my adding the DSC parser to XML Graphics Commons.
> After all, it's a rather large and completely new thing and therefore I
> thought it necessary to ask before committing. It's probably a lot less
> interesting for Batik, but it is for FOP. Since it is designed to be
> used separately from FOP I thought it was best to put it in Commons.
> I've also already built the resource optimization functionality for FOP
> that uses the DSC parser. I can commit those changes (Commons and FOP)
> as soon as we know that nobody objects.

You do not explain why you wrote your own DSC parser. Is there not a
suitable existing DSC parser?

Despite that question, I certainly have no objections to including
your DSC parser into Commons.

I have not inspected your implementation, nor will I have time soon to
do so. But I trust it is well written.

+1 from me.

Simon

--