From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of FOP 0.93
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 23:31:39 GMT
Simon Pepping wrote:
> I have again prepared the release files for the FOP 0.93 release.

I compiled the source tar.gz on Win2K/Cygwin/JDK1.4.2_06 ok, but
running the result on the examples (using "ant examples") generates
lots of noise like:
  [fop] 04.01.2007 23:54:37 org.apache.fop.apps.FOUserAgent configure
  [fop] 04.01.2007 23:54:39 org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.
   LineLayoutManager$LineBreakingAlgorithm updateData2
This looks like debug/trace logs but I can't find the cause of this.

There's also something which also recently cropped up on fop-dev:
  [fop] SCHWERWIEGEND: svg graphic could not be built:
        file:..../fop-0.93/examples/fo/basic/:-1
  [fop] The attribute "width" of the element <rect> is required
Shouldn't this work out of the box?

Also, basic/link.fo seems to use hyphenation, which results in a
fatal diagnostic due to the missing hyphenation patterns.

Other examples like basic/list emits lots of overflow warnings, which
should probably also be avoided.

The fop.bat prints a stray "java" (including the quotes), apparently
caused by the ECHO "%JAVACMD%" near the end, which might irritate
users.

No stoppers but a somewhat "+0.8" only for a non-beta release (mainly
because of the first point). I'll open a bug so that fixing the examples
wont get lost.

J.Pietschmann