From "The Web Maestro" <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Batik's new site
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 06:15:56 GMT
Hi Cameron,

On 1/9/07, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> As I mentioned here[1], I'd like to upload the new Batik site.  I'm now
> just trying to work out the best way to go about doing this.
>
> As I understand it, people.apache.org:/www/xmlgraphics.apache.org is a
> Subversion working copy that is a checkout of
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/site/deploy, and that the
> batik directory under xmlgraphics/site/deploy is the current location
> of the Batik site.  I notice also that the fop directory under
> /www/xg.a.o is an unversioned directory.

If you want to use Forrestbot (the way the FOP site was uploaded,
although it may be different now), you can find some information
here[1-CL] & [2-CL] (which includes the primary tips & tricks used for
XML Graphics). [3-CL], [4-CL], [5-CL], [6-CL] (which includes the most
important/key tips to getting it working!).

> In [2] it says that "you usually do not edit any content in those
> [/www] directories", and should be a checkout of some SVN directory, as
> the main XML Graphics site above is.  It seems a bit of overkill to have
> both the site sources and the built site in version control though.  The
> easiest solution I think would be to rsync the built site from my (or
> whoever's making a change) checkout of Batik's repo to
> /www/xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik.
>
> Thoughts?

I was under the impression that the XML Graphics & FOP sites *are*
managed via svn (and some of the attached links indicate that as
well). It would be good to resolve those issues, once-and-for-all.

I hope this helps!

Web Maestro Clay

[1-CL]
http://www.nabble.com/XML-Graphics-website-management-tf249421.html#a697135