From "The Web Maestro" <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of FOP 0.93
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 14:53:31 GMT
On 1/4/07, Manuel Mall <mm@arcus.com.au> wrote:
> FWIW, as I tested only the binary tar.gz distribution I just grabbed the
> src dist and build from scratch (again all done under Linux). No
> problems with the build as such at all. Yes, there are some niggling
> bits like testcases fail when built in a headless environment and the
> overall testcase build warns at the end because the hyphenation files
> are not by default present. But that has always been the case.

Agreed.

> Unless the problems observed by the Maestro and Joerg are actually new
> and not present in the previous distributions I am still happy to
> recommend to proceed with the release. In the end most users who rely
> on distributions will just use the binary distro and that seems to work
> fine.
> And yes, it would be really nice to have it all perfectly clean and all
> examples to build with a minimum of info/warn/error logs. But who is
> going to do it?

Agreed. I was just being more thorough than I have before. BTW, I the
build with the errors was building via SVN from the new TAG, and it
was just testcases that had issues..

> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > The Web Maestro
>
> Manuel

In light of the fact that it's merely test cases that failed, I am
changing my vote to +1

Great work, Simon!

--
Regards,