From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Batik's new site
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 06:38:37 GMT

On 10.01.2007 07:15:56 The Web Maestro wrote:
> Hi Cameron,
>
> On 1/9/07, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:
> > Hi everyone.
> >
> > As I mentioned here[1], I'd like to upload the new Batik site.  I'm now
> > just trying to work out the best way to go about doing this.
> >
> > As I understand it, people.apache.org:/www/xmlgraphics.apache.org is a
> > Subversion working copy that is a checkout of
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/site/deploy, and that the
> > batik directory under xmlgraphics/site/deploy is the current location
> > of the Batik site.  I notice also that the fop directory under
> > /www/xg.a.o is an unversioned directory.
>
> If you want to use Forrestbot (the way the FOP site was uploaded,
> although it may be different now), you can find some information
> here[1-CL] & [2-CL] (which includes the primary tips & tricks used for
> XML Graphics). [3-CL], [4-CL], [5-CL], [6-CL] (which includes the most
> important/key tips to getting it working!).
>
> > In [2] it says that "you usually do not edit any content in those
> > [/www] directories", and should be a checkout of some SVN directory, as
> > the main XML Graphics site above is.  It seems a bit of overkill to have
> > both the site sources and the built site in version control though.  The
> > easiest solution I think would be to rsync the built site from my (or
> > whoever's making a change) checkout of Batik's repo to
> > /www/xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> I was under the impression that the XML Graphics & FOP sites *are*
> managed via svn (and some of the attached links indicate that as
> well). It would be good to resolve those issues, once-and-for-all.

No, only the XML Graphics site, XML Graphics Commons and Batik are
managed over SVN. FOP is still directly deployed over SCP. That's
because I used to have problems with line endings on Windows when
working with ForrestBot. But I managed to fix that on the XML Graphics
websites. Cameron, please take a look at publish.xml in the Commons dist.
"ant -f publish.xml" calls ForrestBot and fixes any CRLF mixtures caused
by Forrest before uploading. I still have to change FOP's site
deployment to SVN although I still don't like committing generated stuff
into version control. But infrastructure wants it that way.

> I hope this helps!
>
> Web Maestro Clay
>
> [1-CL]
> http://www.nabble.com/XML-Graphics-website-management-tf249421.html#a697135
> [2-CL]
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/site/README.txt
>
> [3-CL]
> http://www.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?forum=307&local=y&query=forrestbot
> [4-CL]
> http://www.nabble.com/Website-publishing-with-ForrestBot-%28and-website-move%29-tf156794.html#a434453
> [5-CL]
> http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=3154554&framed=y
> [6-CL]
> http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-svn-commit%3A-r239375----xmlgraphics-fop-trunk-publish.xml-tf246268.html#a688016
>
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Cameron
> >
> > [1] http://www.nabble.com/New-site-ready-tf2950546.html
> > [2] http://www.apache.org/dev/project-site.html
> >
> > --
> > Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/
> >         xmpp:heycam@jabber.org  ▪  ICQ 26955922  ▪  MSN cam@mcc.id.au

> --
> Regards,
>
> The Web Maestro
> --
> <the.webmaestro@gmail.com> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>
> My religion is simple. My religion is kindness.
> - HH The 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet

Jeremias Maerki