From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Batik's new site
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 04:36:43 GMT
Hi everyone.

As I mentioned here[1], I’d like to upload the new Batik site.  I’m now
just trying to work out the best way to go about doing this.

As I understand it, people.apache.org:/www/xmlgraphics.apache.org is a
Subversion working copy that is a checkout of
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/site/deploy, and that the
batik directory under xmlgraphics/site/deploy is the current location
of the Batik site.  I notice also that the fop directory under
/www/xg.a.o is an unversioned directory.

In [2] it says that “you usually do not edit any content in those
[/www] directories”, and should be a checkout of some SVN directory, as
the main XML Graphics site above is.  It seems a bit of overkill to have
both the site sources and the built site in version control though.  The
easiest solution I think would be to rsync the built site from my (or
whoever’s making a change) checkout of Batik’s repo to
/www/xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Cameron