From Vincent Hennebert <vincent.henneb...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Commons 1.1 release ready
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2006 19:39:23 GMT
Jeremias Maerki a écrit :
>> Guys,
>>
>> I've uploaded the dist files on my personal page at people.apache.org:
>> http://people.apache.org/~vhennebert/
>>
>> Would you please check that everything's ok?
>> A formal message follows for the vote.

>> announcement messages to? batik-user and fop-user? What else?
>
> announce@apache.org (must be sent from an @apache.org mail address and
> should be signed)
>
> http://freshmeat.net maybe. I don't think we already have an entry for
> Commons there.
>
>> And a last question: in /www/www.apache.org/dist/xmlgraphics/commons on
>> minotaur there are symbolic links to the binaries and the sources
>> sub-directories; but on the following document:
>> http://www.apache.org/dev/mirror-step-by-step.html
>> step 9 says that symbolic links should /not/ be used on mirrored
>> directories. Who's right?
>
> The guide probably, although many other projects use links. I guess it
> makes sense to avoid them then.

I've removed the symbolic links for the 1.0 release, for clarity, as I
haven't added any for 1.1. Could you guys quickly check that
everything's ok? I've tried one download and it works fine for me.

All we've got to do now is wait for the mirrors catching up and post the
announcements. Then we're done!

Vincent