From Simon Pepping <spepp...@leverkruid.eu>
Subject Re: New FOP release: FOP 0.93
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2006 12:12:46 GMT
On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 09:02:06PM +0100, Simon Pepping wrote:
> As discussed recently, I will prepare a release of FOP, to be named
> 0.93.

I have committed fixes for the reported issues with the dist files. I
have also fixed a few other issues I discovered. I have added a few
important changes to the release note, and I have reset the target
release date to 9 January 2007.

I have tested the generated source and bin dist files. I could rebuild
the dist target from the source dist. I have run the junit tests on
the bin dist, after some fiddling with the targets in the Ant build
file. I got one failure:

    [junit] Testcase: color_1.xml(org.apache.fop.layoutengine.LayoutEngineTestSuite$1):	Caused
an ERROR
    [junit] Expected XPath expression to evaluate to 'fop-rgb-icc(1.0,0.5,0.0,sRGB,"../../../src/java/org/apache/fop/pdf/sRGB
Color Space Profile.icm",1.0,0.5,0.0)', but got '#ff8000' (XPath: //block[4]//text/@color)

which may be due to its dependence on a file in the src directory,
which is not included in the bin dist.

Please, test the current state of the branch
xmlgraphics/fop/branches/fop-0_93 as a release candidate. See the
commit message for the exact changes w.r.t. the rejected release. For
your convenience I have uploaded one source dist file and one bin dist
file, see http://people.apache.org/~spepping/.

I intend to generate the dist files and start a vote on the release
somewhere mid next week.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping