From Simon Pepping <spepp...@leverkruid.eu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of FOP 0.93
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:25:49 GMT
On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 10:55:22AM +0100, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> +1 in general, but there's a little bug in the dist: fop.bat doesn't
> contain the right filename for xmlgraphics-commons.jar after the JAR
> update. Don't know if this needs to be fixed. At least it will have to
> be documented as a known issue. Novice users on Windows will certainly
> stumble over it not knowing what to fix. :-(

I think users should not be confronted with such a problem. Although
it is small, it is a stumbling block. Even experience users will be
unpleasantly surprised, and it will cost time to find the
cause. Therefore I would like to fix that. I propose to fix it in the
tag. I will update the tar and zip files. This means that the
signature and md5 files will be regenerated. How does that affect the
vote?

Alternatively, we publish this release, mentioning the issue in the
announcement, and replace it with a patched release next week. Less
nice.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping