From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: New releases
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 20:14:44 GMT
Not really. I stumbled over
http://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html and suddenly confusion was
all over me again. Looks like this is the new way how Apache release
should be promoted into iBiblio. Completely different from what I
prepared. Anyway, I got side-tracked again on Saturday evening and so
I've not been able to check anything.

Purpose: People ask for Maven artifacts from time to time (for Batik and
FOP) for use in their Maven-enabled (or lately Ivy-enabled) projects
enabling auto-download of dependecies for Java projects. In the past
some people have simply put some JAR files with some minimalistic POM
onto iBiblio. The Cocooners asked me to do something about it. They even
helped me setting up the POM etc.

In essence, what needs to be done is to somehow verify that the Maven
artifact package stuff I hacked into the build does the right thing. I
don't think we have to use the new Apache repository already. The
package that is currently built is theoretically containing everything
that is needed to submit a request for inclusion in iBiblio. But I don't
use Maven and I had my good share of bad experience using it (building
Cocoon), so this is not a two-minute job for me.

More info:
http://maven.apache.org/project-faq.html

See also:
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/fop/
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/batik/

Big thanks if you look into this as I'm completely unavailable the next
three days. No worries if you don't. We can do the release without this
part.

On 18.12.2006 16:39:41 Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki a écrit :
> <snip/>
> > The only thing I'm planning on checking (trying tonight) is if the Maven
> > stuff works as expected. Otherwise, Commons 1.1 is good to go. Well, it
>
> Did you have any chance to work on that? What needs to be done and,
> what's the purpose?
>
> Thanks,
> Vincent
>
> <snip/>