From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: New releases
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2006 20:44:54 GMT

On 16.12.2006 20:17:33 Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> FYI: I've been wanting to work on the release for a while, but until now
> I haven't had much time and had to learn new things like PGP key signing
> and the release process at Apache. I should be able to allocate time for
> that next week.

Cool!

> Commons 1.1 needs to be released first. If I'm correct no further
> changes are awaited; there are some merging work to perform between the
> Trunk and the 1.1 branch and then we can tag and release.

Right. Tag from from the 1.1 branch, build the release, put it on
people.apache.org and vote on it here.

The only thing I'm planning on checking (trying tonight) is if the Maven
stuff works as expected. Otherwise, Commons 1.1 is good to go. Well, it
doesn't have much on the documentation side but there will be better
times sometime. :-)

> For Fop 0.93 we will have to define what needs to be absolutely done
> before releasing. I'm personally in favor of releasing as is because we
> can't wait more. It would be great to release before Christmas but
> that'll be tight IMO...

I'm ok with a release as is. Better that than nothing. Having that
before Christmas is probably not possible because of the vote duration
(72h).

> Vincent
>

> Simon Pepping a écrit :
> > On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 12:07:44AM +0100, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> >> ... putting off working on a FOP release ...
> >
> > Yes, I (and others) am putting off work on the xmlgraphics-commons 1.1
> > release waiting for you to move it forward. Do I understand that this
> > is ready for a release, and that you would be happy if we move forward
> > with it? If so, then the next thing to do is the xml-fop-0.93 release.
> >
> > Simon

Jeremias Maerki