From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Preparing XML Graphics Commons 1.1
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 22:06:10 GMT
The high-level view is here:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/commons/
This actually already covers most of the classes from Batik. The
ImageWriter stuff has received some extensions to handle multi-page
formats. FOP uses that for producing multi-page TIFFs using the
ImageWriter abstraction.
The classes in util.io from Batik are only the Base64 classes, the rest
is from FOP. Service is a merge from the Batik and FOP versions
preserving each other's functionality.

Changes are listed here: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/commons/changes.html
(missing an entry for the XMP stuff)

Last sync with Batik was in April:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=390643&view=rev  (includes revision
numbers)
I'll see if I can do another round of merging on Sunday. If you're first,
that's ok, too. :-)

To answer your question about which classes are to be used by Batik:
Basically those, that were ported from Batik to Commons. Furthermore,
when we've moved the PDF library and the font classes (after the 1.1
release), we can finally move the Transcoders to Batik and Batik will
use the font and PDF code from Commons from that point on.

Do you need anything else?

On 18.11.2006 01:06:18 Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki:
> > Could anyone please check out the 1.1 branch and throw a second pair of
> > eyes on the stuff generated by an "ant dist"?
> >
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/commons/branches/commons-1_1
>
> If possible, I’d like to be able to get Batik to use the commons classes
> before out next release.  I haven’t followed this work closely though,
> so perhaps you can let me know: what classes from Batik were copied into
> commons?  Were any changes made in the commons versions?  (I’ll have to
> check to see if any changes were made in our copies.)  Which classes are
> expected to be used by Batik eventually?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cameron
>
> --
> Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/