From "Nielsen, Michael" <michael.niel...@capgemini.com>
Subject How to process xhtml form data into pdf document?
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 12:18:26 GMT

Hi there

Im new to FOP and I have been searching the web for hours now trying to
find a solution the the following challenge:

I have an XHTML file that consists of a scanned gif file and some html
form fields that are positioned on the xhtml file using css where the
positioning of of the fields are described. So if you open the xhtml
file you can enter data directly.

My challege is how to transform this into xsl:fo?? I have tried to make
a block use the image gif as background and render text on top of it but
no luck. Only the part of the image that has text on it is shown. What i
need is the full form image to be shown and then render the html form
data on top of it in the correct positions.

I have also tried to use the external-graphics tag to render the image
but then I cant position data on top of it ;(.

So:

1) Whats the best solution for rendering the full image and position
data on top of it?
2) How to position data on top of the image file?

Thanx in advance!

/Regards Michael