From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: @author tags
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:47:13 GMT
So far I refrained from removing author tags that were not my own. I
don't think you'll find my name in any author tag inside XML Graphics
anymore (except in documentation). In an ideal world we'd have the time
and motivation to remove all of the author tags and to add the names of
all the contributors (not just those with author tags) to a list on the
website somewhere. Quite a bit of work especially since not everyone
uses the "Submitted by:" pattern when applying patches. But I think it
would be worth it. I guess if you'd do that for Batik, it could motivate
me to do the same in FOP on a rainy Sunday. :-)

On 15.11.2006 13:15:55 Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Hi evyerone.
>
> Is there a policy on @author tags in source files?  I’m about to change
> the licence text in Batik’s files according to
> http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html, which got me thinking
> about the @authors.  I guess in Batik they’re mostly just an indication
> of who created the file (and I think sometimes that’s not even correct,
> since it could have been copied over from another file).  I guess for an
> accurate indication of authorship, the svn logs could be checked.

Jeremias Maerki