From "Sarah Collier" <Sarah_Coll...@SHI.com>
Subject RE: FOP Pricing
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 13:45:10 GMT
Hi Jeremias,

Thank you for the information! I will pass it along to my client.

Thanks,
Sarah

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:dev@jeremias-maerki.ch]
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 8:33 PM
To: general@xmlgraphics.apache.org; Sarah Collier
Cc: Kim Cygan; Alexandra Dickey
Subject: Re: FOP Pricing

Hi Sarah

All software products of the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) including
Apache FOP are open source software products which means they are no
license fees. You are free to download and use the software if you read
and agree to the license associated with the software which for all
software packages here at the Apache Software Foundation is currently
the Apache License 2.0 (ALv2) found here:
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html

In short, the ALv2 allows commercial use at no charge. However,
donations to the ASF are appreciated to keep the infrastructure running.

There are no maintenance options as such with open source software. You
can get free support via mailing lists. Some developers or companies may
provide additional services (professional support). You can also sponsor
projects (or rather individuals working on projects) to support the
further development of the software.

Please don't use FOP 0.20.3. This is an ancient version. Please use FOP
0.20.5 (latest stable release) or FOP 0.92beta (latest release, despite
the beta tag, the software is very stable and useful). FOP 0.93 will be
available soon.

I hope these infos will help you. If there's anything else you need to
know, just ask.

On 13.10.2006 23:43:02 Sarah Collier wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I work at SHI, we are a computer reseller, and one of my customers is
> interesting in purchasing your software.
> Do you work with resellers?
>
> If so, can you please send me a quote for FOP 0.20.3? Please include
> any reseller discounts, maintenance options and any additional
> costs/special purchasing instructions for your software.
>
> Thanks,
> Sarah
>
> Sarah Collier
> Inside Sales Representative