From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: [VOTE:RESULT] Vincent Hennebert as new committer
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 06:57:28 GMT
Vincent, your account has been setup and I've just been able to set up
the SVN permissions for you. So, you're now ready to go.

There are quite a few things to be discovered now, so I suggest you read
through some resources on the Apache website:

Guide for new committers: http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html

General developer info: http://www.apache.org/dev/

Happy hacking!

On 16.10.2006 20:26:44 Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> Many thanks to all of you for your support. I'm glad to enter the XML
> Graphics team. I think this is a team of really nice persons, it has
> always been great to work with you as a contributor and it will be a
> pleasure to work now as a committer.
>
> At the GetTogether I felt what belonging to the Apache community really
> means. To me this is one of the greatest aspects of open-source
> development, and I'm proud to now be a member of such a community.
>
> Thanks again, I'll do my best to deserve my new status!
>
> Vincent
>

> Jeremias Maerki a écrit :
> > Ok, high time to wrap this up.
> >
> > We have:
> > 10 +1
> > 1 +0
> > no other votes
> > (6 of 8 PMC members have voted)
> >
> > Vincent is now an ASF committer with write access for FOP and XML
> > Graphics Commons.
> >
> > Congratulations, Vincent, and welcome! I'll follow up with
> > the administrative stuff in a second.
> >
> > On 11.10.2006 10:48:29 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> >> Simon and I were able too meet Vincent Hennebert in person in Amsterdam
> >> last week. He has already made an impression with his excellent work for
> >> the GSoC. He's a very nice and intelligent guy, eager to learn and to
> >> work on FOP. Another guy who's not afraid to jump into the depths of the
> >> layout engine.
> >>
> >> Since the GSoC he has found a job at Anyware
> >> (http://www.anyware-tech.com), a French company which does a lot of
> >> Cocoon stuff. There, he has the opportunity to work around 50% on FOP
> >> sponsored by the same customer that enabled me to invest so much time
> >> into FOP over the last two years.
> >>
> >> I'd like to propose Vincent as an XML Graphics committer (FOP working
> >> set). I believe he will be a good addition to our work force.

Jeremias Maerki