From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: A small XMP framework
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:30:13 GMT
So, I've uploaded the initial batch of the XMP metadata framework. I've
already successfully integrated it locally with FOP for handling all
essential XMP-related tasks (including metadata merging). I've also
incorporated some of Glen's feedback.

I guess I will do a snapshot of XML Graphics Commons tomorrow and commit
my outstanding changes in FOP for PDF/A support after some more testing.

I still hope for Ben's feedback on my approach.

On 15.06.2006 12:13:47 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> I've had no feedback in a week. Is everybody comfortable if I commit the
> code to the XML Graphics Commons repository as presented in the snapshot
> ZIP? If I hear no objections within 72 hours, I'll go ahead.
>
> On 07.06.2006 10:53:35 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > I've just uploaded my XMP approach for review. Of course, it's far from
> > being complete or bug-free. But it presents a proof-of-concept although
> > I haven't implemented structured properties.
> >
> > Download:
> > http://www.jeremias-maerki.ch/download/fop/xmlgraphics-commons-snapshot.zip
> >
> > Usage examples can be found in the examples directory. The source code
> > is in the org.apache.xmlgraphics.xmp package.
> >
> > Feedback is welcome. We can then decide which way to go.

Jeremias Maerki