From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: A small XMP framework
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 15:41:40 GMT

On 06.06.2006 16:59:23 Ben Litchfield wrote:
> I agree that I have been less than happy with the DOM backed structure,
> it has made for a less than friendly client interface to
> create/manipulate XMP data.  My original thought was to model it similar
> to the way PDFBox backs to source objects but in this case it is not as
> practical and complicates things.  Once you are at a good point and get
> stuff in the repository I can help writing some of specific schemas.

Very good. I'm at my last point of investigation before I'll publish
what I've done so far. I'm currently implementing a facility to specify
merging behaviour for certain properties. Certain properties will simply
be overwritten (like pdf:Producer), while others will contribute
additional values (like dc:date).

> I would also like to work on getting PDFBox incubated, it is my
> understanding that the first step is to be nominated by a champion(I
> assume that's you :) ), then with any luck we will find a sponsor.  I am
> still reviewing the incubation docs to get a full understanding of the
> process.

Yes, I can serve as champion if noone else is found. But I have too much
going on already so I'm a bit hesitant to take on yet another
responsibility. So only, if necessary. I assume the prime candidate for
a sponsor is the XML Graphics PMC. How big is the currently active set
of people on PDFBox?

<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki