From Web Maestro Clay <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Mailing List Archives (was Re: Batik business)
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 00:07:13 GMT
On May 11, 2006, at 2:33 PM, Web Maestro Clay wrote:
> On May 11, 2006, at 11:43 AM, Simon Pepping wrote:
>> I just had a look at Batik, because I do not know much about it
>> and as
>> a PMC member I am supposed to know more about it. A visit to Batik's
>> web site did not make me much wiser. It does not tell me who the
>> current committers are. I also noted that the batik-dev and
>> batik-users lists have not been archived on MARC since March 2005.
>>
>> Simon
>
> There is a contributors page[1] linked from the side navigation. We
> are in the process of updating the Batik web site to use Forrest
> (similar to XML Graphics, XML Graphics Commons & FOP).
>
> I was unaware of the mailing list problem, and we should definitely
> look into resolving this problem. Thank you for alerting us! I
> don't know the process of getting the more recent versions added,
> but I'll look into it. If someone knows the process, please don't
> hesitate to chime in!
>
> [1] Batik Contributors
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/whoAreWe.html

BTW, I found a few Nabble archives listed below. We should consider
adding these to our mail lists page.

BTW, is there any reason why we shouldn't add them? I don't want to
start showing preference for one 'donor' over another. Anyone object
to my adding a link to these Nabble archives to the appropriate
mailing list pages?

We could also add more stuff to gmane using this info:
http://gmane.org/import.php

I'm happy to do this, but I want to make certain it's ok first.

Web Maestro Clay

[1] Nabble batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org archive
http://www.nabble.com/Batik---Users-f351.html

[2] Nabble batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org archive