From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject XML Graphics Commons grows...
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2006 21:39:01 GMT
For those not listening into the commits@xmlgraphics.apache.org mailing
list: I've spent some quality time today to further populate XML
Graphics Commons. I've already ported a number of classes from Batik and
FOP over to Commons: http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xmlgraphics/commons/trunk/src/java/org/apache/xmlgraphics/

Batik's codec classes and the whole ImageWriter stuff is up-to-date in
Commons and could theoretically be removed from Batik now. Whenever
you've got time, guys.... :-)

As for the parts coming from FOP, I'm still in the process of adjusting
the code in FOP to link to the classes in Commons that I've already
ported. As soon as that is finished I'll add a snapshot JAR of Commons
to FOP's lib directory and start deleting obsolete classes in FOP
(probably on Tuesday if nobody stops me).

Let's please keep XML Graphics Commons in shape so we can quickly do a
first release when the next FOP release is coming up. My hope is to do a
FOP release before Easter. After all, a new release is overdue and it
looks like it could be the first with an xmlgraphics-commons.jar.

BTW, it would be cool to have a volunteer to set up the subproject
website for Commons. Any takers?

Jeremias Maerki