From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: [PMC:VOTE] Add AFP Renderer to FOP
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:25:34 GMT
I know that AFP is probably a mystery for many. In IBM's mass-printing
world AFP plays a big role. For FOP it's basically just another output
format and as you already guessed it will have no impact on Batik.

Yes, Manuel already verified that Joe and Pete are the only contributors
AFAIK. He's started to fill out the IP clearance template which adressed
this indirectly. This vote basically says that we as a PMC are ok with
importing the AFP renderer into FOP. Of course, there will be a
possibility to look at the actual code before it will be imported, so
any issues can be raised if there are any. But since Manuel is already
working on that code I'm sure the quality will match our expectations.

On 05.01.2006 14:02:45 thomas.deweese wrote:
> +0 from me as well, not only don't I know anything about AFP, I don't
> think this impacts Batik
> in any meaningful way.
>
>         I take it we have received confirmation that Joe and Pete were the
> only contributors to the
> sourceforge project?
>
> Simon Pepping <spepping@leverkruid.nl> wrote on 01/04/2006 03:44:32 PM:
>
> > +0 from me.
> >
> > I know nothing about AFP printers, so I do not have an opinion on this
> > matter.
> >
> > Simon
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 04:44:15PM +0100, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > > In November, Manuel proposed [1] to add the AFP Renderer [2] from Pete
> > > Townsend and Joe Schmetzer to FOP's sandbox in the Trunk. We already
> > > have 5 +1s (3 were PMC members: Chris, Clay, Jeremias), but judging
> from
> > > recent discussions inside the incubator I think we should have a
> formal
> > > PMC vote on this. I'm still watching for Pete's and Joe's ICLAs to
> come
> > > in but something seems to have gone wrong there. Once these two things
> > > are done we can follow down the process described at [3]. Manuel is
> > > working to port the AFP renderer to FOP Trunk in order to prepare it
> for
> > > the import.
> > >
> > > Votes from the rest of the PMC members to general@, please. Thanks!
> > >
> > > [1] http://www.nabble.com/AFP-Renderer-for-FOP-t637253.html