From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: Mailing list for voting new committers
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:07:44 GMT

On 24.08.2005 09:49:39 Chris Bowditch wrote:
> > BTW, this leads me to another little detail I caught during ApacheCon
> > when someone (I think it was Noel Bergman) said that only PMC members
> > get binding votes on project decisions. That's because the PMC is
> > responsible for the project and not the committers. That's also the
> > reason why for certain Apache projects (like HTTPD) the set of
> > committers is almost the same as the set of PMC members.
>
> Aren't all active committers on FOP members of the PMC too?

No, not really, though the most active people are in the PMC which is
good.

> BTW, wouldn't it be more appropriate to have this discussion on the PMC
> mailing list :-)

No, sorry. As I wrote in March [1] the stuff we discuss here should be
done in the open. The PMC list is only to be used for record-keeping and
when confidentiality is required.

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlgraphics-general/200503.mbox/%3c20050318190141.C2B5.DEV.JEREMIAS@greenmail.ch%3e

Jeremias Maerki