From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: XML Graphics Commons: last call
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 07:19:37 GMT

On 11.08.2005 22:40:25 J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > I can check in the excalibur-framework variant, if you like? :-)
>
> Better, but still not perfect. You know, bad karma burns and all that.
> Claiming to be a framework solving big problems just doesn't match
> with still being a fringe product after putting heroic effort in it
> for quite a few years.

I know. That was tongue-in-cheek.

> > Would talking to the Excalibur
> > people about extracting the configuration package into a separate JAR be
> > an acceptable solution?
>
> Nice idea. Perhaps republishing as "jakarta commons configuration
> light" might help in getting out of the collateral damage radius of
> Avalon. :-/ :-\ :-/

Hehe. I wonder how much the guys from Commons Configuration would like
that name. Ok so, if there are additional voices that I should pursue
this I can. I've got enough other things on my task list to be happy not
to have to do this. After all, I don't really want this. It's just a
possible way out of this. So if anybody wants to take the lead here, I'd
be VERY VERY thankful.

Jeremias Maerki