From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: XML Graphics Commons: last call
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:12:12 GMT

On 10.08.2005 23:04:37 J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > BTW, what's a "tool"?
>
> Anything which is not generally used by the average end user.
> I'd like to add "reusable" to the definition, but this might be
> too restricting.
> Ant tasks and other plugin-type stuff should qualify in addition
> to standalone apps.

Would you mind adding that directly to the Wiki?

> > Everybody always complains about that little library. What's the problem?
>
> Bad name. Unpleasant associations. Flamewars. Uncontrolled playground.
> Small but extremely annoying design bugs. Endless debug sessions due to
> misleading error messages. Microsoft Avalon.

I can check in the excalibur-framework variant, if you like? :-)
http://www.apache.org/dist/excalibur/excalibur-framework/binaries/

Do you have an alternative to Avalon, oops, Excalibur Framework?

Design bugs in the configuration stuff? Would talking to the Excalibur
people about extracting the configuration package into a separate JAR be
an acceptable solution?

Jeremias Maerki