From The Web Maestro <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Batik Release Process?
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 21:32:50 GMT
On Mar 18, 2005, at 1:20 PM, Thomas DeWeese wrote:
>> On 18.03.2005 19:35:08 Thomas DeWeese wrote:
>>>    In fact if you read:
>>> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#releases
>>> I think it supports my position on this.  Also the "Which Directory
>>> for What" section.
>
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>> Actually, I read that page exactly the other way round. It says that
>> releases all have some measure of official approval and lists release
>> candidates under unstable releases.
>
>    I missed the reference to "release candidates".  I agree they need
> to be considered a release :(.
>
>    The problem is that this just pushes you to skip the 'rc'.
> I was hoping to quickly get an RC out for people to test with
> while the processes rolls along for the real release.

Couldn't you just do a tag like pre-release_candidate or something, so
that people can have a reference for testing? It wouldn't be added to
the www.apache.org/dist/ list, and would be similar to a snapshot,
however, it would fill the purpose of having everyone test the same
release^H^H^H^H^H^H tagged snapshot.

Web Maestro Clay
--
<the.webmaestro@gmail.com> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>