From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Code reorganization
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:24:52 GMT
We still have the two general solutions in the Wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/XmlGraphicsCommonComponents

Proposal 2 is clearly superior to make the dependencies clearer and the
make things easier for our users as well as the Batik team.

Chris said he preferred that the transcoders should be writable by both
teams which favors Proposal 1. It was also my first idea. But see above.

A proposal 2a (a kind of compromise) would involve putting the basic
Graphics2D implementations in the Commons area (no dependencies on Batik).
The transcoders themselves would go into Batik. Of course, this also
splits this part in two, possibly making it harder for the Batik team
when doing bigger improvements. But I think it would address my (and
Simon's) particular interest in the Graphics2D implementations. So my
question would be what Chris and Thomas (and everyone else, of course)
think about this variant.

-----

Name for the common area: The obvious choice is Apache XML Graphics
Commons. That's where I derived the "AXGC" abbreviation from. I don't
care so much what the JARs are called in the end. One preference has
already been stated (Simon's xmlgraphics-commons.jar). If there are no
additional ideas we'll simply take that.

-----

Migration to Subversion: I'm going to cast a vote to batik-dev and
fop-dev on Monday if there are no objections until then.

-----

Is there anything else?

Jeremias Maerki