From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: SVN repository set up
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:36:16 GMT
See the section on Auto Properties in the Subversion Book:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07s02.html#svn-ch-7-sect-2.4

That should explain everything. In my experience the automatic detection
for binary files was very reliable. I only had two or three files in
more than a year where I had to set the MIME type myself. And I didn't
even have to reimport the file. So if you set up your configuration file
beforehand you won't run into any problems provided your files have
proper line-endings.

PS: You, too, Thomas, please subscribe to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org.
Thanks.

On 10.02.2005 16:26:10 Thomas DeWeese wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
> > On 10.02.2005 15:31:10 Thomas DeWeese wrote:
>
> >>    My biggest concern is the lack of an equivalent to
> >>cvswrappers.
> >
> > I don't think this will be a problem. I found that Subversion is
> > surprisingly reliable in this regard and will handle most files
> > correctly without intervention.
>
>     Can you explain more?
>
>     Essentially all systems will work fine as long as you checkout to
> the same machine you checked into from. The issue is when you checkout
> to a machine with a different idea of what terminates a line from the
> check in machine (i.e. Mac: \r, UNIX: \n, Windows: \r\n).  If you have
> any of those characters in the file they will either get
> changed/expanded/deleted, this is very bad for raster images!
>
>     So have you tested cross system checkouts?
>     In some ways having it work when the checkout system is the
> same as the check-in system is worse because it means that often
> the error won't be discovered for a while.

Jeremias Maerki