From Robert Meyer <rme...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject RE: PCL output is really blocky
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 12:05:42 GMT

the attached blocky PCL file? I also assume you are using FOP 1.0.

Best Regards,

Robert Meyer

Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 18:13:23 +0100
Subject: PCL output is really blocky
From: marcin.tustin@gmail.com
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org

Hi,

I'm using FOP (embedded in some other stuff) to output PCL. Unfortunately, the output is really,
really blocky (see attachment).

I am aware of this page:  http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/output.html#pcl
However, it isn't especially useful to me. Pretty much the only thing I can see that it recommends
to help is to install the JAI library. I have honestly tried to find it, but the best I can
find is that there is a page for it on java.net with no downloads (or really any information
at all).

I'm also aware of http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/gethelp.html#doc but I certainly can't
find detailed, comprehensive documentation.

Also, almost all fonts are being ignored.

So, I have two questions:
1) How do I improve the resolution of my output/make it appear less blocky; and
2) How do I make fop use all fonts installed on the system (and how do I tell FOP where to
find those fonts).

Thanks,
Marcin

--