From Mike Chambers <m...@watchfront.co.uk>
Subject Problem with fo:external-graphic element in processing output from either Saxon or Xalan
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 13:30:00 GMT
Hi,

I am getting this runtime error:
org.apache.fop.fo.ValidationException:
file:/home/mike/source/docbook/sample_doc2_xalan.fo:1:66363: Error(1/66363):
fo:external-graphic is not a valid child element of fo:flow.

after I added      <imagedata fileref="Screenshot1.png"/>
to a very simple DocBook XML sourcefile

I am new to DocBook, XSLT, XSL-FO etc. but looking at the XSL 1.0 specification
at http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xsl-20011015/ i see "fo:flow formatting object
is a sequence of flow objects" and "The fo:external-graphic flow object is used
for a graphic where the graphics data resides outside of the XML result tree in
the fo namespace.", implying fo:external-graphic /is/ a valid child element of
fo:flow ?

I am running FOP on a Ubuntu 10.04 Linux box, using the 'fop' package from the
Ubuntu repositories.

Maybe it is a Ubuntu package bug, so if anyone can point me at what I should
look at to work out whether this is the case, or indeed suggest any other reason
for this run-time error I would appreciate it.

OOI, without the <imagedata/> element in the DocBook source, FOP runs OK and
generates a usable PDF.

It looks like I have FOP v0.95, judging from the content of the /usr/share/java
directory.

Thanks,
Mike