From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The way to go
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 18:11:34 GMT
Hello Pascal,

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Pascal Sancho <pascal.sancho@takoma.fr> wrote:
> Hi Sergiu,

it was me (Christian) who asked, Sergiu helped me :-)

> can you provide a (short) XSL-FO and describe more precisely what you
> expect.
> "overlap" can have multiple causes:
>  - absolute or relative positioning,
>  - negative space-before or space-after,
>  - limited block-progression-dimension or inline-progression-dimension,
>  - etc.

I have meanwhile learned a bit more thanks to Sergiu and you.

My overlapping was because I had 2 block-container with
absolute-position="absolute" and expected a new block-container to
start after the two absolute containers. It seems this is not possible
(makes sense).

But one question is left. I have used absolute positioning because I
wanted to have two boxes side-by-side, like with float and div. Can I
do this with absolute / table only?

Cheers
Christian

http://www.grobmeier.de