From mehdi houshmand <med1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Default XSL Stylesheet for PDF?
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 07:48:09 GMT
Hi Jeff,

FOP is an FO processor, as such it takes FO as input, not XML (even
though FO is XML, XML isn't FO). You need to make sure your input is
valid FO, then either use the -fo parameter or no parameter since it's
the FOPs primary input.

If you were curious the -xml input is used in conjunction with an XSLT
(thus the -xsl parameter) to transform said XML file to FO. There is
no "default" PDF stylesheet, this mechanism is merely a helper since a
lot of users create FO using a transform.

So assuming your book.xml is valid FO, the command would look like:
$oreilly-handbook$ fop book.xml -pdf book.pdf

Hope that helps

Mehdi