From Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>
Subject Re: When will complex script support be available?
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 10:38:06 GMT
I'm targeting the end of this month (October) to complete a final patch
adding new test suite material, and request the temporary complex script
branch be merged into the trunk. Merging into the trunk will require
consensus by the project's PMC, so we'll see how that goes.

In the mean time, I'll take a look at your report about a loop/hanging
problem. As far as my tests go, Arabic ant RTL text is being handled
properly in tables and elsewhere. Active issues are being tracked at
http://skynav.trac.cvsdude.com/fop/report/1.

Regarding font support, see:

http://skynav.trac.cvsdude.com/fop/wiki/SupportedFonts

Although Arial Unicode MS is known to work, it is the worst quality of the
fonts listed as being supported, and also requires the most memory and
resources (and processing time) due to its large number of glyphs (50,377)
and large number of OTF tables.

For my latest dev code, see:

http://github.com/skynavga/fop