From Mark Craig <mark.cr...@gmail.com>
Subject Glyph "?" (0x107, cacute) not in PDF
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 19:39:26 GMT
Hello,

I've read http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/faq.html#pdf-characters and http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/fonts.html#missing-glyphs.
They seem to suggest that if the font contains a glyph it ought to be picked up.

I'm using the DejaVu fonts. A ć (c with acute accent, lower case) is missing in the PDF,
following this warning during generation:

Oct 6, 2011 8:23:59 PM org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener processEvent
WARNING: Glyph "?" (0x107, cacute) not available in font "DejaVuSansCondensed-Bold".

The ć does show up in the UTF-8 encoded .fo. It comes out fine in the RTF, which is generated
from an identical .fo.

I do see ć in DejaVuSansCondensed-Bold in my font viewer. (The glyph appears in SansMono
on their home page, http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/Main_Page.)

The DejaVuSansCondensed-Bold-metrics.xml file seemed to be generated without incident:

INFO: Reading /Users/mark/Documents/workspace/opendj3/src/fonts/DejaVuSansCondensed-Bold.ttf...
Oct 6, 2011 8:22:57 PM org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader loadTTF
INFO: Font Family: [DejaVu Sans Condensed, DejaVu Sans]
Oct 6, 2011 8:22:57 PM org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader constructFontXML
INFO: Creating xml font file...
Oct 6, 2011 8:22:57 PM org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.AbstractFontReader writeFontXML
INFO: Writing xml font file /Users/mark/Documents/workspace/opendj3/target/fonts/DejaVuSansCondensed-Bold-metrics.xml...

Why is the ć missing from the PDF output?

Thanks for your time and your help.

Regards,
Mark