From Pascal Sancho <pascal.san...@takoma.fr>
Subject Re: Glyph "?" (0x107, cacute) not in PDF
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 07:24:24 GMT
Hi Mark,

font metrics purpose is only when you don't want to embed a font in PDF.
this makes sense with widely distributed fonts, that usually carry a
little set of glyphes.

For embedded fonts, as said Mehdi, this feature is deprecated.

See [1].

That said, it remains possible that you are facing to a metrics issue,
witch can be caused either during file generation, or  at FOP runtime.
Typically, a TTF font without CMAP table are not managed correcly when
using TTFReader (see [2]).

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/fonts.html#custom
[2] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/fonts.html#truetype-metrics

--