From Pascal Sancho <pascal.san...@takoma.fr>
Subject Re: The way to go
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 07:43:09 GMT
Hi Christian,

Le 05/10/2011 20:11, Christian Grobmeier a écrit :
> Hello Pascal,
>
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Pascal Sancho <pascal.sancho@takoma.fr> wrote:
>> Hi Sergiu,
>
> it was me (Christian) who asked, Sergiu helped me :-)

Oups, sorry for that misreading.

>> can you provide a (short) XSL-FO and describe more precisely what you
>> expect.
>> "overlap" can have multiple causes:
>>  - absolute or relative positioning,
>>  - negative space-before or space-after,
>>  - limited block-progression-dimension or inline-progression-dimension,
>>  - etc.
>
> I have meanwhile learned a bit more thanks to Sergiu and you.
>
> My overlapping was because I had 2 block-container with
> absolute-position="absolute" and expected a new block-container to
> start after the two absolute containers. It seems this is not possible
> (makes sense).
>
> But one question is left. I have used absolute positioning because I
> wanted to have two boxes side-by-side, like with float and div. Can I
> do this with absolute / table only?

FOP doesn't support float FO for now (see [1]).
alternatives may be:
 - absolute-position on b-c
 - table
 - playing with *-indent and space-* (see [2])
 - placing 1 b-c in a static region
 - etc.

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-object-float
[2] b-c #1 is explicitly sized, and its space-after="{-$height}"
    b-c #2 is indented according to the bc#1 width

--
Pascal