From Pascal Sancho <pascal.san...@takoma.fr>
Subject Re: image size
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 07:05:39 GMT
Hi Jing,

this depends on what quality you expect and on image subject.

for photography scene, jpeg or png-24 (= png true colors) is a good
choice, you can adjust the compression as you want (better compression
gives lower quality)

for schema, or large pictures with uniform color areas, svg can give
good results.

for images with limited range of colors (like screen shot), png-8 (= png
with palette) or gif can give a good compromise.

Anyway, you have to experiment by yourself, there is no definitive rule.

--
Pascal