From Jonathan Levinson <Jonathan.Levin...@intersystems.com>
Subject When will complex script support be available?
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 21:11:34 GMT
Hi,

When will the complex script support (for Arabic and other left-to-right fonts) be ready enough
that we can evaluate it against the current FOP and see if it is suitable for our rendering
needs?

I know this is a very difficult project with a lot of deep issues that need to be resolved.
 I know it may be difficult to give more than a ball-park estimate as to readiness.  I also
apologize that the term "ready" is so vague.  In some sense, it may be ready now.  Maybe it
helps to know that where we are particularly running into requests for Arabic support is in
FO tables and table layout.  It is particularly important that alignment work.

On a side-note, we've been using Microsoft Arial for Arabic rendering.  Is this a font that
the complex script work will support?  Does it support Microsoft Arial now?

We realize that complex script support is a massive effort and we especially appreciate Glenn
Adams work in moving this project forward.

Best Regards,
Jonathan Levinson
Senior Software Developer
Object Group