From Rita Greenberg <rgreenb...@medata.com>
Subject Conversion to FOP 1.0 Warning Message
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 20:50:21 GMT
Hello.

I've just converted some .fo files from FOP 0.20.5 to FOP 1.0.
I get a warning message regarding "collaping border model" as follows:
  "WARNING: In collapsing border model a table does not have padding (see
   http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/tables.html#collapsing-borders), but a non-
   zero value for padding was found. The padding will be ignored. (No context
   info available).".

Since all messages that result from the execution of fop.bat are piped to a log
file I'd like to be able to get rid of this warning messge. I've checked all
my .fo files to find where a padding attribute is set to > 0 where there is
a "border" attribute and have removed the padding to no avail.

I first checked all my <fo:table-row> but there are times when the border is
set not in the <fo:table-row> but within a <fo:border>. Here is an example.

<fo:table-body>
  <fo:table-row line-height="0.27cm">
    <fo:table-cell>
	<fo:block font-size="2pt">&#160;</fo:block>
    </fo:table-cell>
    <fo:table-cell text-align="end" border-left="1pt solid #000000"
                   border-top="1pt solid #000000">
      <xsl:attribute name="background-color">
        <xsl:value-of select="$varAccentBGColor"/>
      </xsl:attribute>
      <fo:block padding-top="2pt" font-weight="bold">

Here, I removed the padding-top="2pt" in the last line but still received the
same number of warning messages.

Any suggestions as to how to remove this warning message will be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,
Rita