From Giuseppe Briotti <g.brio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tool or schema to validate report xsl files
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 13:25:25 GMT
2011/8/1 Eric Douglas <edouglas@blockhouse.com>:
> I've used a free version of a tool from editix.com just to validate some
> xsl syntax.
> Eclipse Java editor can also edit xsl files.
> FOP's web page lists which xslfo commands it supports.
> FOP's input is the xslfo.  It accepts xslt along with xml as a
> convenience only.  With embedded code this part can be broken out to a
> second step which references no FOP classes.

I agree with Eric: xml will be transformed to fo via xslt using an
appropriate xslt engine (saxon, xalan, etc.). The input format for FOP
is fo.

You can appropriate validate your xml (if a xsd is provided) and xslt.
There are several unofficial xsd for fo file too. Some tool provide
such fo schema...

Giuseppe Briotti

"Alme Sol, curru nitido diem qui
promis et celas aliusque et idem