From Giuseppe Briotti <g.brio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tool or schema to validate report xsl files
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 13:25:25 GMT
2011/8/1 Eric Douglas <edouglas@blockhouse.com>:
> I've used a free version of a tool from editix.com just to validate some
> xsl syntax.
> Eclipse Java editor can also edit xsl files.
> FOP's web page lists which xslfo commands it supports.
> FOP's input is the xslfo.  It accepts xslt along with xml as a
> convenience only.  With embedded code this part can be broken out to a
> second step which references no FOP classes.

I agree with Eric: xml will be transformed to fo via xslt using an
appropriate xslt engine (saxon, xalan, etc.). The input format for FOP
is fo.

You can appropriate validate your xml (if a xsd is provided) and xslt.
There are several unofficial xsd for fo file too. Some tool provide
such fo schema...

G.

--

Giuseppe Briotti